PM: 1600 (400), 1200, (400), 2 x 800 (400), 3 x 400 (200), 800 (400), 11 miles
I met Bain, Melissa, P. Murphy and Klim for a track workout on a Friday night, which was something new and different for most of us. I put together a workout that mirrored one I ran with Klim and Dwyer this time last January. Judging by tonight, I appear to be a little ahead of where I was this time last year. I'm chomping at the bit to start racing soon.
I'm not sure what to call this workout. Maybe a "speed ladder"? The entire workout was under current 5k pace for me, and we gave ourselves a little more recovery. The overall pace got a little faster as we cut down the distance. The only bad rep for me was the last one, where I'd liked to have stayed with Klim a little more (2:12 vs. 2:18). I avoided tying up too much and hit all of the splits that I wanted to. On faster workouts like these, I have to concentrate hard on my form. Pure legspeed is out of my wheelhouse.
Splits: 4:50, 3:38, 2:22, 2:23, :68, :68, :68, 2:18
No comments:
Post a Comment