1.31.2009

January 31

AM: XC workout/long run, 18+ miles

I met a bunch of guys from the GRC who are racing next weekend at the USATF Cross Country Championships at the site of the course, the Agricultural History Farm Park near Gaithersburg. We found half of the course still covered in ice an impossible to run on. After three reps of our fartlek, I got uncharacteristically frustrated while losing my footing (plus we were taking really long recoveries because of the ice) and joined a few other guys that were running on the road. I finished with them running 4 x 3'on/90" off on the asphalt, but I feel like we were running them pretty quickly (between 5k and 10k pace). 

I finished up with a long cooldown of just over an hour en lieu of a traditional long run this week. I might have time for a long run tomorrow, but I'm traveling to San Diego for work and didn't want to risk trying to fit it in between landing, working, and the Super Bowl. Today's lightened workout may have been a blessing in disguise per next week's big race. Wednesday's workout was tougher than I thought, and I could feel it Thursday and Friday.

No comments:

Blog Archive